Friday, October 27, 2006

Preposterous Practical

Had my first (and last)(hopefully) 'O' Level Physics practical yesterday. A wholly remarkable experience that I wish I could undergo never again. The questions they asked were not just unorthodox, but fantastically stupid too. I'm sure we all expected it to be easy, I know I did. What happened to the simple pendulum and the common torchlight? Instead we get these damned pins (I swear, the invigilator kept staring at me when i was squinting to find the image. Do you know how hard it is to close one eye and do the experiment? -no pun intended) and marbles. And the ambiguous graph - even the teachers can't tell if the answer is a curve or a straight line or a bloody smiley face =). I also tried to perfect my answers in the table, then forgot to edit the answer in the first part, and when I finally realised and changed it, time was up! And since I'm sitting right in front, I'm first, and the teacher kept glancing at me until I was forced to relinquish my grip on the pen and pass her my script with shaking hands.


But actually it didn't seem that daunting when I first entered the lab - just that all those administrative matters (like those entry papels papers) gives it an added air of importance. You don't really notice the difference between this and every other practice, just the strange invigilators and the UCLES logo on every page give a hint to its significance. And that it was carried out in the Chemistry lab. There was this poster on the wall directly in front of me which said something like 'Chemistry for the World', and everytime I looked up to think I couldn't help but notice it, and gave thanks that I dropped it when I did ( You'll understand when you see that damned poster).


Anyway I spent some time editing my blog - layout, colour schemes and such. Comments? And scroll down to have a look at what I'm Consuming. And look at all those pretty links: Google, Blogger and this amazing site, Twurler. Why don't you just go ahead and set my blog as your homepage, instead of Google. You know you want to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home