Sunday, July 02, 2006

Yay I'm back.


Soooo.... Had my Chinese O level oral exams yesterday. I was damn nervous while in the waiting room... I mean it's Chinese la, and my Chinese sucks. Heck, you can tell that from my damn surname. At least I'm not half as bad as Suresh.. they probably think he's a mat or something. Anyway it was probably because it's something you can't study for. This not-prepared-feeling just adds to the suspense I guess. My hands were bloody shaking before I entered the nicely-air conditioned room. And when I entered the first thing I saw was the two teachers smiling at me, which was nerve wrecking to say the least. Then the conversation topic contained some cheem phrase that involved flowers somehow, and the first thing I thought was oh shit, followed by some vague thoughts about gardening. Luckily they explained the phrase to me, which actually means spoilt children. But whenever I looked at the examiners they would just smile freakily back at me, leaving me with a nagging feeling that I was being laughed at. I'm sure they burst out laughing after I left. Damn O level examiners. But at least it's over, and I suppose the bright side is that I won't have to deal with Chinese for another 3 months.


Went for the RGS play earlier tonight, with Jon Tan and Martin. Supposedly the plan was to meet at Ochard MRT at 6.30pm and reach RGS by 7pm. Well, we did meet at 6.30, then realised we haven't eaten dinner and decided to find a place for food, but by the time we went back to the bus stop and travelled to RGS it was already 7.30. I suppose the moral of the story is never follow your stomach, or Martin. Turns out we weren't late after all, and had to wait outside the theatre while dealing with Martin's indecision to phone a certain someone. I should probably talk about the play and the wonderful script and acting (God does not belong to you, ahahahah), but I keep getting distracted by Martin's out-of-tune rendition of L.O.V.E., complete with flailing hand action. ( you know the song... "L is for the way you look at meee") Yes, singing in the orchard underground at 12am after supper-ing and gossipng at mcdonalds, I'd say the coke at mac's contains alcohol. Alot of it, probably to cater to the hordes of soccer-watching fans lined outside. Lucky Martin got to go home on the last train, while Jon and I had to walk to the bus stop. It was already 12.20am, and the last bus was supposedly at 11.50pm, so we decided to head over to the next stop to check out the other buses. And just when we reached that stop, guess what! we saw our bus go past! Dammit! Doesn't SBS supply their drivers with watches? Luckily a kind taxi uncle agreed to take us back home safely and no extra charge, with but a certain song still ringing in our heads. Seriously, it's still ringing now! Make it stop!