Friday, January 25, 2008

OhGodNotAnotherOne

Hi.

Don't you hate that feeling, when you have a lit essay due tomorrow and it's already 12am the night before and you haven't started and you finally decide to submit it late? (Procrastinators unite, tomorrow!)

We were sitting in the canteen stoning after school when Harris saw us and began to chat about his feelings (un)towards Singapore. Shan't go into detail because it just doesn't do if your lit teacher gets put into jail the year you're taking 'A's. Anyway what he said set me thinking and on the lookout for falling trees.

Anyway I need to a) buy Queen musical tickets tomorrow at Parkway; b) think of excuses for lit; c) finally do some filing because my file is bursting, and it's only been a month back at school; and d) read the four History books Sayers lent me. I shall do so...tomorrow!

Also Mr Ho showed us a Cyanide&Happiness comic during math lecture today. I wonder if he's read the risque ones. Maybe he's into webcomics too and reads QC and xkcd and other cool stuff (or not).

Photog yesterday was quite interesting. Did pinhole photography involving a Yeo's camera, and used the darkroom for the first time. Unfortunately there was an excess of J1s and I only had two tries to estimate the exposure and screwed both shots up badly. I shall try again! (Next week.)

Forgoing afternoon naps in the hopes of early sleeptimes always screws up somehow. How can you be sleepy at 4 dead tired at 5 then wide awake at 7 without napping, then sleeping at 1am and screwing up the cycle again for the next day and dozing off during lectures.

Oh I've got an e) use Borders voucher before it expires.

I just finished reading Long Way Round by Ewan McGregor (Obi-wan!) & Charley Boorman, a sorta autobiography on their motorcycle trip halfway around the world. They literally rode from London across Europe, Russia and Mongolia and then the US. Language is simple and fun to read and it's quite an engaging story. I like the many incidents of strange meetings between them and the indigenous peoples and the clash of cultures. Now I can choose, as my next bedtime book, between History of the Present (a gasp history book), some bizarre vampire novel with hints of eroticism, and Carnival of Spies. Agh someone help me find a paperback copy of Pratchett's new book please.

Ooh I just realized my pics are up on the SYC webbie (that job I took last December for the monies). Aah fond memories.

And now I've spent half an hour writing non-Gatsby related stuff. Goddammit.

ps. Hi Lois

pps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home