Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nostalgia

It's so weird blogging suddenly. I was just flipping through my previous posts, y'know, cos that's what a blog is for. To remember the past? Right? Or I might have mixed it up with the pressing teenage need to bore people with emoness. Anyway.

I've realized I haven't finished my recollection of the '07 Lit Trip. It just slipped my mind completely. Remind me to finish it soon, there's like half the trip left.

Also, since no one wants to watch Cloverfield with me, I've decided to assume my own responsibilities and watch it myself. Also because it was conveniently up for download. Interesting show, but the main reason I wanted to watch it (and I suspect for the many others too) was due to the viral marketing campaign, a la Lost. I've been following it for about a month now, and although it culminated quite well (which is more than can be said for countless other movies with normal huge budgets), I have to say it, the monster looks weird. At least it's one step up from black smoke. And the only difference from most movies with monster attacks is the innovative use of a handheld throughout the whole movie to invoke a sense of nausea realism. Acting and effects are pretty solid though. You can see I really have nothing to blog about (concerning my life, that is).

Oo MingHao got a pool table. Coupled with my recent shift to the lane next to his, this means more pool for us. I am improving greatly, but mostly due to the fact that I sucked to start with. We have invented many new styles of playing, most of which require a TV playing weird-ass Chinese dramas and commercials. (like ROFLMAO shaolin hockey/floorball in ancient china? wtf.)

In other news, I've found more nice bands to listen to. Broadway Calls is a new punk rock band, hardly nouveau, but with relatively nice melodies, albeit accompanied with exceedingly familiar vocals. Think early post-punk era 'rock'. Thus far my playlist still consists mainly of Death Cab and Matches, and if anyone has more The Higher songs then givethemtomenowthanks. I need more indie recommend me some bands!

On a sidenote I haven't finished packing 2 more boxes in my room. Hopefully when they are finally gone they shall impart upon my small room the illusion of bigger space.

Hmm, let's see, what else should I blog about that I can read back and reminiscence in the future. Oh sonofabitch I just remembered there's H3 stuff due tomorrow. Okay not a bad start now just one more bit of deep thought. Uhhh. Ummm. I sat in lit lecture with Warran today. And Daniel and Meiyi. And if Jeremy had sat next to us we could have had fun recollecting lit trip. Nostalgia within Nostalgia! I'd better stop before we get emo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home